Destiny 2: Lightfall’s new Strand subclass is not available to you until you complete the campaign, but even then, it’s not fully available. That’s because you have to unlock Aspects and Fragments–the system first introduced with Stasis that lets you customize how the subclass works–over time using Strand Meditations. But even if you’ve done enough grinding to have tons of those, more than half of the available Fragments are locked until a future date. Or at least, that was the plan, as Bungie has now announced that it will roll out an update today providing access to all Fragments.
Acknowledging that it’s heard criticism about Strand–something that could change with more Fragments available–Bungie announced a live update is coming sometime today, March 2, that lets you unlock any Fragment. To be clear, you still need to earn Strand Meditations and actually unlock these Fragments, a process that will need to be repeated across each of your classes if you play more than one character.
But the key thing is you’ll have the option of grabbing any Fragment you want, instead of being limited to the first six. Previously, four more Fragments were set to unlock on March 7, with another four unlocking after the world’s first completion of the Root of Nightmares raid, meaning that would happen no sooner than March 10.
Here are the eight new Fragments you’ll be able to begin using today:
- Thread of Rebirth – Strand weapons final blows have a chance to create a Threadling.
- Thread of Transmutation – While you have Woven Mail, weapon final blows create a Tangle (+10 strength).
- Thread of Propagation – Powered melee final blows grant your Strand weapons Unraveling Rounds.
- Thread of Evolution – Threadlings travel farther and deal additional damage (+10 intellect).
- Thread of Isolation – Landing rapid precision hits emits a severing burst from the target.
- Thread of Binding – Super final blows emit a suspending burst from the target (+10 resilience).
- Thread of Generation – Dealing damage generates grenade energy (-10 discipline).
- Thread of Continuity – Suspend, unravel, and sever effects applied to targets have increase duration (+10 strength).
With so many new options to check out, you’ll want to obtain as many Strand Meditations as you can. Completing activities on Neomuna rewards them, as does simply using Strand anywhere. Vex Incursion Zones (a daily-rotating area on Neomuna) also increase how many you earn. With Strand Meditations in hand, you can head to the Pouka Pond at the Hall of Heroes to unlock additional Fragments.
For more, check out our Destiny 2: Lightfall and Season of Defiance guides.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.